Friday, January 27, 2023

Not the day- edited

 10:46 PM 1/26

A fan hums in an orchestra of tiny ringing auditory sensations reaching out at the speed of sound in a room so dark not even the shadows could see. Blind depth perception, I'd imagine, travels much faster than both sound and light. Think of it as bluetooth with the other side, the farthest place you can go, in the blink of an eye. Consciousness, yes, And tinnitis I know. Some say it's the sound of blood rushing through the veins in the ear but it could also be the sound of electromagnetic energy- or maybe, the sound of the absence of light- the cry of a rabbit forever in the moment just as it's being killed.

Julie's steady exhalations say she's well asleep, and Riley's sleeping under the bed. A sudden cramp in my foot rustles the noise of fabric because guys sometimes sleep with their socks on. And, I'll tell you why:

Firemen know this too. Wearing socks prevents blisters, and boots will give you blisters fast- for one thing.

Getting dressed is faster, never knowing when you might have to jump up and start running. I've got a pair of leggings that are like long johns. I've got a long sleeved AC/DC Highway To Hell shirt, and socks on.

Firebell rings! Boom, pants, boots, hat, coat, Truck.

And then there's the linen. Men rarely do pedi's but for tearing the nails back when they get hung up on the fabric when putting socks on so, wearing socks to bed prolongs the life of the linen, which reminds me that my ex-inlaw's hand-me-down bed sheets had wear patterns in them that whispered secrets to me about their sex life.

Yes, socks to bed... what else? 

Self conscious, yes, we like to look attractive, especially at bedtime. And every little thing, all day long, was the romance- the foreplay. Well, we don't want things to start off with foot rubs and fungus fingers. No, not with the pleasure platter for two! 

And, out of sight, out of mind. We don't want her being dicstra, dicstrac, distracted with our feet. 

Cold floors and old man's bladder- the tile floor in the bathroom. 

Yes, "just get a carpet" you'd say. For what? It ends up musty and thrown away, another thing in the landfill.

And let's not forget, socks were a sacrifice Albert Einstein made with his genius. Yes, his wife had too many clothes to fold.

Oh, the "bares" get me all the time! 

Kids running around with bare feet, complaining about being cold. Wearing socks saves on heat. And here they want to ban gas stoves, while never considering the furnaces- and all dem people ain't wearing no socks!

Toilet paper crisis will never be reality in a world where people use their socks to wipe with. 

Speaking of teaching a man to fish, you can put fish in your socks so you don't get your pockets all slimey.

In the old days people could actually get a sock- literally. Usually, people never see a good sock coming at them.

And what comes in a sock is just what you put in it- you. When you put your hand inside of it, that's what you get back out. It's just like a garden.

Your hand is what you sneeze in but you can blow your nose with a sock. And you can influence people to believe you're a hard worker when you've got a change of socks in your pocket... or are you happy to see me?

In a world full of twisted people, safe socks are the most recommended but with my new patented, life rejuvenating personality, and empowering energy I get from my cotton that is grown in Giza, nothing is more intimate than wearing my socks to bed. 

They're so comfortable, it's like I'm wearing no socks at all. And my girl loves them too.

For just $9.99, I'll send you- not one but two socks. Yes, and if you roll the tops down, they'll be half off!

Socks can change the world- the power of good socks. Heartrate 142 tonight.

And just one more offer- for an addition of just $1.99, I'll include your socks to have the magical power- priceless power, of being a washcloth to help wash off after your long day of chewing the cheese ball scum build up on your hand that you don't pick your feet with.

This, absence of intrusion- a cat with a ball of guilded twine- alone in the tailor's shop. And, several minutes have passed by since the coo- coo- clock quit its chiming warning that midnight has passed, and my consciousness is at peace in the moment.

Tomorrow we will speak of today, where today we must speak of tomorrow. 12:13


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

These stories/ this book material is unreviewed. lease leave your comments. I can take it.
Thank you for reading my stories!
Happy Fathers Day!