Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Wishbones

The WIshbones Trilogy is available on Amazon
 
My Great Grandma Lindner 
always saved the wishbones for us grandkids 
when we came to visit.
And out of all the toys we never had, 
my most fun times were at her house.
We were so poor the rats ate the soap 
and the first words I ever read were:
“Minimum Speed Limit”.
I wore a razor strap for my only pants 
or at least it might as well have been,
It was covering my ass more than 
anything they made me wear.
Right about the time 
I had a few names straight
I’d been enrolled in a new school, 
in a new town,
Where the Principal was told 
to beat me if he needed to.
 They say you are what you eat.
Now, if that were true,
 I’d be a potato pancake 
with sugar on top 
that smells and tastes like bacon.
And if I’d known then, 
what I know now,
I’d have known what to wish for 
when we broke the wishbones
 when we were little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These stories/ this book material is unreviewed. lease leave your comments. I can take it.
Thank you for reading my stories!
Happy Fathers Day!